Tue, Feb 13|
UNL Architecture Hall
Project Tour: UNL Architecture Hall
Project tour followed by social networking event.
Time & Location
Feb 13, 2024, 5:30 PM
UNL Architecture Hall, 400 Stadium Drive, Lincoln, NE 68508
About the Event
Tom Trenolone of HDR and Blake Miller of Whiting-Turner will host this tour of the Architecture Hall Renovation and Expansion project currently under construction. Following the tour, we will meet at for social hour and networking.
The tour will provide an overview of the renovation and expansion of Architecture Hall. Due to record enrollment and lack of space, the long awaited expansion has finally come to fruition. There will be opportunities to explore finished and nearly finished space to better understand the utilized construction methods used on the project.
- Review the projects development due to the needs of the client and how this shaped the Architectural Design
- Discuss the historical significance of the structure
- Witness and understand the use of mass timber in the buildings expansion
- Explore finished and nearly finished spaces to better understand construction methods
Note that the project site is an active construction site and all attendees will be required to have appropriate PPE.
Interested in carpooling from the Omaha Metro?
We will be meeting in the Gretna Walmart parking lot near I-80 and Highway 370.
- Meet at 4:00 p.m.
- Depart for Lincoln at 4:15