Buena Vista High School Tour
Time & Location
About the Event
This course has been approved for one (1) AIA Learning Unit
Building construction tour of the new high school for Omaha Public Schools located in southeast Omaha, Nebraska. Tour will focus on the design story for the Project and how the design team engaged all the stakeholders of the Project.
- Participants will learn about and understand the design story of the Project.
- Participants will understand how small and disadvantaged businesses were engaged through the Omaha Public Schools Bond Economic Inclusion Plan.
- Participants will understand how student stakeholders were engagement in the design process.
- Participants will understand the different construction materials and methods used to meet the construction schedule.
- Beau Johnson, DLR Group, Design Leader
- Amy Riley, DLR Group, Architect
- Allie Smith, DLR Group , Interior Design
- Mike Berg, DLR Group, Construction Administrator
Parking at northeast side of building. Entrance drive on 60th Street, north of L Street.
Check-in 5:00 PM. Tour beginning at 5:15 PM.
Personal Protective Equipment Required: Hard hat, safety vest, long pants, safety glasses, and work boots preferred or closed toe shoes with flat shoe.