Tue, Apr 25|
Oak Hills Country Club
APRIL CHAPTER MEETING: FIBERGLASS REBAR 101
MORE DURABLE, LIGHTER, STRONGER AND AFFORDABLE SOLUTION
Time & Location
Apr 25, 2023, 7:30 AM – 9:00 AM
Oak Hills Country Club, 12325 Golfing Green Dr, Omaha, NE 68137, USA
About the Event
Fiberglass Rebar has its roots in combating corrosion to extend the lifespan in heavy civil structures. Recent technological advancements and the acceptance of codes and standards has this material successfully replacing black steel in more residential and light commercial projects. With a unique combination of physical traits and its light weight is allowing projects to see an improvement in both lifespan and overall performance, not only in structures such as bridges but also on basic slab-on-ground applications. This session will provide a brief introduction to Fiberglass Rebar as a material, followed by learning about the most common applications occurring right now along with the ACI Codes, ASTM Standards, and University Research that supports it. A cost savings analysis will be reviewed along with other benefits that can be found on jobsites deploying Fiberglass Rebar. Wrap up will include general handling recommendations, followed by a short question and answer session.
· Fiberglass Rebar: What, Why, and Where?
· Learn about current applications in your area and the research that supports it
· Understanding how to design and specify using industry standard documents
· Compare the costs versus traditional reinforcing in both material and labor
· Recognize how to source and place the material on a jobsite